We Don't all have Virgin Hair... What You Need to Know About Hair Regrowth...Active Ingredients!
Everyone has different hair types, but no matter what your hair type -- thick or thin, straight or curly, dyed or virgin -- some of the best hair growth products will help ensure your hair grows healthy and strong. But what should you look for when trying to decide what product will best promote healthy growth?
Oway's active ingredients in the system :
Buddleja Davidii Plant Stem Cells help to reproduce hair follicle cells at the source.
Biodynamic Mint Essential Oil promotes circulation and nutrient uptake into the hair follicle for stronger, healthier hair.
Denisplant is a complex derived from legumes that directly acts on dermal papillae to facilitate new hair growth.
Organic Horse-Chestnut Extract contains saponine and esculin, which naturally stimulate the hair follicles, while strengthening the hair bulb.
FULL INGREDIENTS: (ND) Naturally Derived | (O) Organic | (BD) Bio-dynamic | (EO) Essential Oil | (FT) Fair Trade | (NI) Natural Identical Ingredient | (PS) Preservative System
With an average of 100,000 hairs, we lose around 80 hairs each day. Just like our skin, our hair is constantly regenerating. This process is called alopecia, or the normal hair loss that everyone experiences. And while this is perfectly healthy, it is important to not unnecessarily be losing hair due to harsh chemicals or hair styling techniques. Hair is most susceptible to damage and excessive fallout when wet because it is more elastic and likely to break. Brushing hair when wet, using excessive heat, and high tension on the hair using braids or ponytails can make hair fall out unnecessarily.
So, how do you promote healthy hair growth?
In order to better understand how to avoid damage and choose the best products to encourage healthy regrowth, it’s important to understand the three phases of hair growth:
- Growing/Anagen: Hair cells on the scalp divide rapidly to grow out from the follicle at a rate of about one centimeter every 28 days. Of course, some individuals have quicker or slower-growing hair, and that is natural. The hair stays in this phase for about every two to six years. The longer this phase is active, the longer your hair will continue to grow.
- Involution/Catagen: At any time, about 3% of hairs are within the transitory catagen phase where the hairs are no longer growing and the outer part of the hair fully attaches to the root. This lasts one to two weeks.
- Resting/Telogen: This phase is when the hair stops growing. At any point in time, around 6%-8% of your hair will be in this phase of growth. Here, the hair is fully formed and will begin to shed at a rate of approximately 25-100 hairs per day.
The goal to keep healthy hair and prevent loss is to keep hair in the telogen phase. In order to keep hair in the telogen phase before falling out, it needs proper nourishment. This is where it’s important to consider products like OWAY’s that will reinforce the hair and revitalize it using healthy, natural ingredients.
What should I avoid?
When looking for products that will prolong the telogen phase, there are a few chemicals you will want to steer clear of:
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS): this chemical is found in many shampoos and strips hair of healthy essential oils. This stripping can cause the scalp to become dry and itchy, which causes unnecessary hair loss.
- Polyethylene Glycol (also known as PEG, polyethylene, and polyoxyethylene): you can think of this one as the opposite of a keratin treatment. Similar to SLS, it strips the hair of moisture.
- Formaldehyde, Methylparaben, and Propylparaben: these chemicals are often added to shampoos and other hair care products to lengthen shelf life. These can have a hormonal effect which accelerates hair loss.
- Lanolin, petroleum, and mineral oil: these “greasers” are designed to make hair shiny and smooth, but in reality, they are preventing natural oils from being absorbed. Without natural oils, your hair will regenerate more slowly.
This is just a short list of things to look out for on the ingredients label. Note that the ingredients listed first are the ones that are predominant in the product, so if you see one of those listed above in the first five or so ingredients, it may be wise to seek out another product. Looking for brands that promote all natural, chemical-free ingredients are a safe bet.
Here are some products to help you on your journey to prolong the telogen phase and promote healthy regrowth:
Encourages hair regrowth. Reinforcing and densifying treatment for scalp and hair prone to falling out.
Encourages hair regrowth. Revitalizing treatment for sensitive scalp with hair prone to falling out. Alcohol free.
his shampoo balances the Ph of your scalp to solve for greasy and heavy hair, and scalp with excessive sebaceous secretion, which is what may make your scalp goopy or extra oily.
Purifies and normalizes oily scalps with a botanical blend of Biodynamic Sage, Organic Euphrasia Extract, and Ethical Teak + Mahogany Wood. This Ayurvedic-inspired remedy will refresh and detoxify excessively oily hair at the root.
Does Not Contain:
✕ SLS / SLES
✕ Synthetic Fragrance
✕ PEGs, PPGs & BGs
✕ Artificial Colorants
Finding Your Perfect Product
If you have any questions about what product will best suit your hair and your hair vision, I am always happy to help. Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or text @ 775.315.9300 I am quick to respond and so happy to help on your journey to healthy and happy hair!